Anti-War Voices



Introduction:

Growing up I experienced our nation in war. After the attack on 9/11, the country declared war in defense of the United States. I wasn’t alive and able to experience warfare prior to that. Everything I can remember learning about with our war in the middle east was positive. I grew up in a culture where media and music were praising the war and the brave soldiers fighting for my country. I have never really been exposed to anti-war media and to be fully honest did not know that it still existed. You learn in history about Vietnam and how vocal people were against the war, I just assumed that did not still happen today. I was obviously mistaken after observing these two sites. 


AntiWar .com: 

    At first glance, this website is a little hard to navigate and is packed with many news stories and viewpoints. What really grabs your attention when you first make your way to the site is the headlines. This was something that shocked me because the news that was on this website was news that no one was talking about. It was very obvious the concerns people had with things like foreign policy and decisions being made by President Donald Trump.

https://www.antiwar.com/


The American Conservative: 

    This website was significantly more organized and I found the layout easy to navigate. The American Conservative showcase similar content and newsworthy concerns about foreign policy and the consequences of war. It was very interesting to read more about it and again shocking that certain articles especially were not being talked about more.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/web-categories/realism-restraint/


https://images.app.goo.gl/MQdZw3gTRRVjRJSdA


Reflection: 

    After learning more about this I am fascinated with the fact that strong anti-war voices are not talked about in mainstream media. As a citizen, I believe this is a disservice to us. For someone like myself who does not research politics but rather just listens to the news every so often, I would have never known about sites like this. I feel the reason that people have to seek out obscure websites in order to better educate themselves on viewpoints like this is that people have restrictions when it comes to criticism of the United States government and my be fearful to promote such strong antiwar voices. However, I think the concerns about our country’s actions should be freely talked about in mainstream media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EOTO - APPLE IPHONE

CITIZEN JOURNALISM

EOTO - ECHO CHAMBER